Some different Ideas are currently being explored including, but not limited to:
- How Math attitudes from an early age associate Male with Math making it harder for women to associate themselves with Math and STEM: There is a disconnect with technology and the idea of women
- Lack of Role Models in Science=Lack of confidence in abilities
- A self fulfilling prophecy: girls believe they can't be good at math, therefore they aren't
- The way people 'do/perform' gender. The way women feminize engineering by centering it around helping people, making it socially acceptable for them to participate
- This prevents acceptance of women into more technical engineering fields, preventing advancements
I am looking for more information about how society stereotypes prevent women from making the engineering choice: why is this choice so much harder for females?